Add to Cart
or call: 707-665-5650
The Red-Eye Twin Instrument Preamp offers a simple, one-box, direct-connect solution for musicians that play two instruments at the same gig or have an instrument with dual pickups. The Red-Eye Twin works well with instruments having passive or active piezo pickups, electret microphones or magnetic pickups such as electric guitars and basses. Performers that find the Red-Eye Twin useful are, for example, those playing fiddle and mandolin, guitar and mandolin, string bass and electric bass or dual pickup instruments.
The Red-Eye Twin’s impedance-matching field-effect transistor input circuit is designed especially to match and track the impedance of passive piezoelectric pickups. That results in a smooth, natural, acoustic instrument tone. Low distortion, low noise, and generous headroom mean that clear tone comes through even when an instrument is played percussively and loudly.
· Input: Impedance-matching, accepts 2 volt peak-to-peak level without distortion.
· Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to mix-board.
· XLR Ground Lift Switch to help isolate AC power ground loop hum.
· A / B Button selects alternate input. Mode Switch allows playing alternate inputs or both.
· Separate Treble and Gain controls for each input. Treble is flat when Control is centered.
· Boost Button with Boost Gain control for amplifying solos.
· Switch converts B-Channel Input to Phantom Powered electret microphone input.
· Runs on 48V XLR Phantom Power, 9-18V Pedal Board Power, or 9V Battery Power.
· Uses the battery only if other power sources are not available.
· Plugging an instrument in or connecting external power turns the Red-Eye on.
· Pwr Chk Light illuminates for about a second if power is good when the preamp is powered up. When powered up on the battery, the light appears if the battery is in the first ¾ of its life.
· ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects pedals or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
· Internal filtering to reject radio-frequency interference from neon lights and cell phones.