Instrument Service and Repair
We offer a full range of instrument repair and maintenance services to help keep your gear in working order. We also offer outside tech visits as well as offer amp and electronic repair services via Backstage Technical.
Basic Restring: $25 plus strings
For electric guitars (non-locking trem), acoustic six string, nylon string, banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, and ukulele.
12-string guitars: $35 plus strings
- Changing, stretching, and tuning new strings
- Clean and polish
- Oil fretboard
- Polish frets
- Clean electronics
- Tighten all moving parts
Full Setup: $55 plus strings
Includes all services performed in basic restring plus:
- Adjust neck relief/truss rod
- Set string height
- Set nut action
- Check intonation
- Cleaning, polish, oil, hydrate
- Clean electronics if applicable
- Full setup for Floyd Rose/locking trem guitars: $75 plus strings
- Pickup install/replace/upgrade: $40 per pickup
- Electronics upgrade or replacement: $20-$100 plus parts
- Full fret dressing: $180 plus strings (includes setup)
- Tuning key upgrade: $30-$80 plus strings & parts
- All other or special work is $50 per hour.
If you need help with amp or electronics repair, please call Backstage Technical at (707) 795-8391. If you have additional questions about our instrument maintenance and repair services, please call the shop directly at (707) 665-5650.